Toaster ovens have come a long way in terms of design and functionality and can save you a lot time and energy in the kitchen, weather you want to reheat, fry, bake, and toast. These toasters ovens will make the days you used to pre-heat the traditional oven and send your energy bill through the roof a thing of the past.
1. Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
One of the best sellers on Amazon, and it is easy to see why; the price is pocket friendly and the design is sleek. The unit is also easy to use and allows you to make any meal in no time with its four pre-programmed functions that easily heat, toast, broil, and bake. Its nifty 30 minute timer prevents your food from getting burnt. Its stay-on function and large window allows you to cook for however long it takes while keeping tabs on your cooking process so you can achieve perfection.
- Pocket-friendly price
- Four pre-programmed functions
- 30 minute timer with stay-on function
- Large window
- Handle can easily melt when heating food
- Can easily burn toast
- Glass can shatter
2. Oster TSSTTVSK01 Extra Large Convection Toaster Oven
If you are looking for a spacious oven to get all that baking and roasting done for dinner with the family or guest, then look no further than this unit. You can easily fit a 12-inch pizza or an entire chicken. It has a dial for effective temperature control and uses convection technology that makes your chicken brown and pizza crispy in no time. It has a removable tray that can be inserted on two rack positions, which opens you up to a variety of roasting options.
- Very spacious oven
- Convection technology for faster cooking and exceptional results
- Two rack positions for cooking a variety of foods
- Temperature control doesn’t work
- Numbers on the dial are hard to see
3. Hamilton Beach 31333 Convection Toaster Oven
This stylish and efficiently designed oven has a curved glass door that allows you to easily remove your food in a convenient manner and not have to worry about getting burnt. This also allows your easily remove tray to remove clear those pesky bread crumbs, on top of making delicious toast. Although your baking is already enhanced by its bake mode, the convection mode enhances it by making it 25% faster.
- Easy to access your food
- Easy to clean
- Faster baking
- Temperature settings are off, which leads to burnt food
- Door easily breaks
- Convection mode makes a loud sound
4. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
When price is not an issue and you need something that is a masterful blend of style and function, then this model will surely suit your needs. It has an Element IQ system that “knows” how much heat your meal needs and “remembers” it for next time. This oven is also ideal for slow roasting an appetizing turkey dinner, which can easily fit due to its Dutch oven capacity. Other useful features include a changeable oven light for checking on your meal.
- Element IQ controls heat distribution
- Perfect for big meals that need to be slow roasted
- Replaceable oven light
- Very expensive
- Not very durable
5. Westinghouse WTO1010B 4 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
If space is an issue because you live in a small apartment where a regular oven or broiler will take up a lot of space, then this unit is your best bet. It has a sleek black design that is complimented with a stylish stainless steel handle for easy opening. The cooking process is simplified with this unit as well. Just set the timer (up to 30 minutes) and choose a temperature (between 150 and 450) and you can start toasting, broiling, or baking very quickly. A Perfect oven for the busiest kitchens or the quickest meals.
- Compact design
- Easy 2-step process to get started cooking
- Stylish stainless steel handle
- It too small for common cooking tasks
- Only has one rack
6. KitchenAid KCO273SS 12″ Convection Bake Digital Countertop Oven
Looking at the price, it would be easy to think twice about purchasing this large oven. But it is also one of the most fully featured ovens that allows you to make truly delicious gourmet meals like an expert chef quickly and easily, which justifies the price. You can easily make delicious meat and fish with its distinct functions, like the Asado Roast, or evenly roast a whole chicken with the convection setting. Making pizza with the perfect crust is also a breeze with the pizza function. And after you are done, you can easily wipe its non-stick interior and have the oven looking clean again.
- Fully featured oven
- Nine distinct functions and convection mode
- Non-stick and scratch resistant interior
- Large size
- Has no insulation
- Often gets stuck on pre-heating
- Poor temperature control
7. Oster TSSTTVVG01 4-Slice Toaster Oven
This is another affordable option, and it is built for versatility and user friendliness. It may appear small, but it can easily broil up and a nice small to medium sized fish dinner while saving you a lot of kitchen space for other appliances too. The unit can quickly heat your meals for when you are in a rush and even though it has a timer, it allows for continuous cooking so you can cook your food however you like. This allows you to get creative with your snack choices.
- Very affordable
- Versatile and user friendly
- Allows for continuous cooking
- Takes a long time to make simple toast
- Not suitable for large meals
- Cheaply made
8. Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Oven with Convection
It is nice to know that the designers of this oven had your safety and convenience in mind. It has a top that slides up for easy access and cleaning. Not only that, it is also reasonably priced, with a compact design that has an interior large enough for a 12-inch pizza and six bread slices. Food gets heated from the top and bottom while the convection fans evenly distributes heat, taking your baking to the next level.
- Slide-up top
- Reasonably priced
- Compact design with large interior
- The timer makes a lot of noise
- It gets extremely hot on the side
- The slide-up top didn’t go all the way up for others
9. Courant TO-621W 2 Slice Compact Toaster Oven
This toaster oven can really suit those with a very tight budget and looking for something small or a student who doesn’t regularly cook but requires a fast meal once in a while. This unit should not be undermined due to its price and size, because it can easily fit a 9-inch pizza and up to 2 bread slices and bake or roast with exceptional results. It also has a 30 minute timer with an automatic shut off.
- Small but versatile
- One of cheapest options available
- 30 minute timer with automatic shut off
- Not recommended for people who want to replace their conventional ovens
- No temperature control
- Easily breaks
10. Elite Cuisine ERO-2008N Maxi-Matic 6-Slice Toaster Oven Broiler with Rotisserie
This toaster oven is very reasonably priced, considering what is can do and its major benefit: healthy cooking. You can use it to skewer your meat in rotisserie fashion, eliminating all the fat and grease for a healthy meal for a healthy meal. You can also use it bake a large 12-inch pizza or make any of your favorite roasted meals to be enjoyed with family and friends. It also has a sleek traditional design that complements the décor of kitchen.
- Sleek traditional design
- Rotisserie function
- Can cater to all your kitchen needs
- Rotisserie function is hard to use and easily breaks
- Small for very large cooking tasks
- Dangerous (may end up burning you)
Ultimately, what determines the type of toaster oven you get, on top of style, function, and durability, are budgetary concerns. If you don’t mind going all out on your cooking needs, then the KitchenAid KCO273SS will do nicely. It has all the features you need that and probably won’t been needing a lot of extra ovens or broiler appliances for your kitchen – just remember to take care of it. But if your budget constraints are a huge limitation factor in your choice of ovens, then you are probably looking for something that is functional and can last you multiple meals. In that case, the Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven will give you bang for your buck.